- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
As the largest institution of research and education in Upper Austria, the Johannes Kepler University Linz has over 20,000 enrolled students and 3,300 employees. The JKU’s four faculties offer over 70 academic degree programs. We are looking to strengthen our team at the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences and announce a job opening starting March 1, 2020, for a
for a full-time, three-year position
at the Department of Knowledge-Based Mathematical Systems
Job Reference Number: 4002
The position will be held within a basic research project (financed by the FWF), where the major focus lies on the design of an interactive machine learning framework with the usage of evolving fuzzy systems methodology. The framework should operate in on-line mode and be able to cope with (measurement) data and expert input likewise, in order to stimulate “humans-in-the-loop” in on-line learning systems and thus to increase their transparency, consistency and performance.
- Design an interactive ML framework based on (evolving) fuzzy systems in cooperation with the project leader
- Develop new methods and algorithms for enabling and integrating interaction
- Integrate components into the framework on methodological and software-technical level
- Evaluate and test based on real-world data sets, write publications
- The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and/or Mechatronics and/or Mathematics
- Skills in machine learning and human-computer interaction, ideally with expertise in data-stream modeling
- Professional experience in programming, especially within MATLAB environment
- Expertise in writing publications, conducting research and developing own algorithms
- Fluency in spoken and written English
The minimum salary based on the FWF’s personnel costs is € 3,803.90 gross per month (14 x per year).
If you have questions, please contact:
Dr. Edwin Lughofer, P +43 7236 3343 431,
Application deadline: November 15, 2019.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation (especially a detailed CV) via mail to
- Name: Edwin Lughofer
- Telefon: 0043 7236 3343 431